Looking for detox recipes to help you detoxify and cleanse your body? A detox period isn’t necessarily easy to endure but it is said, by many, to offer great potential for improved health and wellness as well as weight loss.
Here are some signs you might want to do a detox:
- You know you don’t eat enough fruits and vegetables.
- You’ve been constipated lately.
- You’re feeling run down and sluggish and / or you frequently catch cold and flu.
- Your hair and skin are looking dull and lifeless.
- You’ve recently recovered from an illness.
- You’re just back from a holiday with plenty of indulgence in food and drink.
- You’re interested in losing weight and want to overcome cravings.
Some detox programs suggest that you refrain from eating specific foods during a detox period. Others encourage specific foods and drinks to aid the body in cleansing.
Here are a few suggestions for detoxification help:
The Master Cleanse, also known as the Lemonade Diet or the Beyonce Knowles diet involves fasting, laxatives, and a recipe for a master cleanse detox drink recipe. This detox diet is said to have the benefit of not only detoxification but weight loss as well.
Here’s the detox drink recipe:
- Half an organic lemon
- 1/8 cup of organic maple syrup
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Glass of purified water (hot or cold. Your choice)
Sacred Heart Soup Detox Recipes
The Sacred heart detox diet involves a specific menu over a 7 day period. A summary is:
First day: soup and fruit. Second day: vegetables and soup, plus one baked potato. Third day: fruit, veggies, and sacred heart detox soup. Fourth day: milk, bananas, detox soup. Day 5: Meat, tomatoes, and soup. Sixth day: Meat, vegetables, and soup. Seventh Day: Veggies, soup, and brown rice.
*Specific fruits and vegetables are allowed on these days.
Detox Recipes for the soup vary but here’s the standard one:
Two cans of diced tomatoes, some scallions, beef or chicken broth (noodle broth is okay) a bunch of carrots, some celery, and some coloured peppers. Some detox recipes call for cabbage and call this the Cabbage Soup Diet. Gently boil (or use a crockpot) until vegetables are tender.
Other Great Detox Recipes Include..
- Fruit and vegetable juices and smoothies. If you’re doing a fruit and veggie only detox, there are great recipes that can help you feel full while detoxing.
- Here’s an example of a detox recipe for a veggie juice: 1 Cucumber, 4 stalks celery, handful of spinach, a few lettuce leaves, some alfalfa and some parsley. Add 3 carrots if you wish.
- Consider a raw only detox diet. The enzymes in raw foods can do wonders for your body. Fruits, vegetables, nuts, certain legumes…
- There are also detox recipes that help you detoxify specific systems. Drinking dandelion tea, for instance, could help you do a liver cleanse.
There are a variety of detox recipes available to help you reach your goals. If doing a detoxification, it’s important to realise that some types of detoxifications result in flu-like symptoms as your body rids itself of toxins. If doing a detox, research the methods you’re considering, be sure to stay well-hydrated, and make sure you rest.